What Do Fire Restoration Companies Do?
Every single day a home or business is harmed by a fire. Because of how common it is, its so important to get professional help after the fact. Has your home or business been devastated by a fire? If so, then you will need to call a damage restoration company for fire damage restoration. A lot of people ask, “What is fire damage restoration? This type of service is the process of removing, cleaning, and restoring a home or business after it has been damaged by a fire. When you contact a damage restoration company, they are able to assess the damage that the fire, as well as smoke, has caused and come up with a step by step solution to restoring the property as it once was. Attempting to clean and restore your property as it once was is not advisable, as it can be extremely dangerous handling materials that have smoke residue on them. Many people ask, “Is the smell of smoke after a fire harmful?” and the answer is yes. Touching or breathing in the chemicals that smoke residue leaves can be bad for your health. A restoration technician has the necessary equipment and safety gear to clean and restore fire damaged homes and businesses without getting hurt. Letting a professional technician take care of the fire restoration process ensures it is done correctly and that no one’s safety is compromised.
What Do You Do After a Fire?
When your home or business has been severely damaged by a fire, there are certain steps you need to take in order to get the help that you need. The first thing you will want to do is call your insurance company. You will want to file a claim in order to cover the cost of restoration and cleaning services. Next you will want to get in touch with a restoration company that can perform fire damage restoration service. After that, you will want to ask the Fire Department if you can go in your home or business to save any items that haven’t been damaged. Your insurance company will need proof of what is and isn’t damaged. Then you will want to let your utility providers that there was a fire, so they can put billing on hold. You will also want to let the police know that your home or business has been damaged by a fire and that no one will be there, just in case someone tries to break in. Lastly, you need to find a safe place to stay or work. Cooperating with your insurance company will make this overwhelming experience a little better, as they can make sure you get the coverage you need.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
When it comes to the fire restoration process, there are many questions that people ask that include, “How do you clean up smoke damage after a fire?” or “How do you clean up fire soot?” Knowing what the fire restoration entails might be able to give people a clearer picture of what takes place during this process.
- Professional Assessment: When you call a restoration company, they will come to your home or business and assess the extent of the damage. When they know how extensive the damage is, they can formulate a plan that is specific to your needs.
- Board-Up: If there are areas that are exposed to outside elements, they can tarp or board them up.
- Water Removal: If there is water in the property from when the fire was extinguished, then they will remove water from every area that has been affected and dry those areas.
- Remove Items: Any furniture, electronics, clothes, or items that have not been damaged in the fire will be removed from the property and placed in a storage facility until the restoration process is over.
- Smoke and Soot Removal: Using specialty tools and equipment, soot and smoke can be removed from walls, ceilings, floors, and other areas.
- Clean Up: Items and other areas that have not been completely destroyed will be sanitized and deodorized to clean them and remove any odors.
- Fire Restoration: This part of the process can include repairs, replacements, or reconstruction of drywall, new floors, or painting.
Fire Damage and Restoration
Fire Restoration Water Damage Restoration
Not only can the items and surfaces of your or business be destroyed, but the indoor air quality might be affected, as well. To take care of indoor air quality in Zephyrhills, FL, you can get professional services, but usually restoration services can take care of the smell of fire and smoke in fire damaged homes and businesses. If you think that you need fire damage restoration in Coral Gables, FL, then you can depend on Azure Restoration of South Florida. Our fire damage cleanup will be able to address all of your problems and get your property back in great shape in no time. Give us a call at 305-298-8647 in order to get immediate help from our technicians.